Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oh no, NOT the Easter Bunny!

You would think by now I would understand that 2 year olds and things like cups of water, a tube of toothpaste, scissors and hair, and Santa Clause just don't mix, right? Oh no! I kept insisting that THIS is the year Ashlee will sit on the Easter bunny's lap and actually smile! Was I right???? NO! All day long we talked about Mr. Bunny; how cute he is, how soft he is, how she was going to sit on his lap with baby Lexi and say "cheese"...oh yeah, she was all about it! Well, I was feeling pretty confident as we walked up to greet the big guy. Then Ashlee SAW Mr. Bunnyand said "NO"! But then, for one second she reached for him to see how soft he was and I thought "this is it, this is the year". Then she realized that he was 6 feet tall with ears bigger than her and 2 HUGE teeth that were ready to EAT her and FREAKED OUT! Being stubborn like I am, I decided to go ahead and plop her right next to him (I was bound and determined to get a picture), put Lexi on his lap and had them snap a picture. The result? One happy little baby in Mr. Bunny's lap with one screaming, red faced, 2 year old next to him. It was hilarious! I still have to scan in the picture so I can post it, but here are some "before" pics.




1 comment:

Sarah said...

I CAN'T WAIT to see the picture!! I love the recap story, complete with mommy's stubbornness. Classic.