Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ashlee's first sleepover

Saturday was a big day for Ash. She saw her first movie on the big screen AND had her first sleepover! We took her to see Disney's new movie, Earth. I thought "its a movie about animals, of course she'll LOVE it"! Well, about 10 minutes into the movie she looked at me and said "all done"! Dale and I just looked at each other and laughed! In the end (2 trips to the potty and 1 to the snack bar later) we saw about 1 hour and 10 minutes of the movie. Not bad if you ask me, but now I realize we should wait awhile before we take her to see another movie.
Then, Saturday night she spent the night (that's right, SLEPT OVER) at her cousins Camden and Kira's house. I was a little nervous about how she would do. I didn't know if she would get upset come bedtime that I wasn't there and she wasn't in her bed, or if she would be in heaven with her new surroundings. Well, it turned out to be the latter of the two! Apparently my little princess did not go to bed until midnight because she was rolling around on the bed, laughing and talking up a storm! More good news, she only had one accident! The next day Kira told me how tired she was because she had to watch Ashlee ALL day and night. I couldn't help but laugh because I know exactly how she feels! Ashlee is so lucky to have such wonderful cousins, and of course a very special Aunt and Uncle (thank you Steven and Jen)!

Camden, Ashlee and Kira

No comments: