Sunday, February 15, 2009

My 11 year Valentine...

Dinner at our favorite restaurant...Morton's!
Enjoying the music at Jazz at Jack's...awesome!

This year Dale and I realized that we have been each other's Valentine for 11 years (that doesn't include the years we dated in high school or were friends in college)! We were reminiscing about old times...like our first date where our PARENTS had to drop off us at the movie, the day he got his first car, when we graduated high school, the days when we commuted between Ft. Collins and Denver ALL the time, when we were stuck on a rainy cruise for 12 days, when I turned 21 and he took me to Vegas , when our room in Belize smelled like a sewer, when he got a 2nd degree sunburn in Hawaii and almost jumped off the balcony (I'm not kidding), the day we were blessed with our beautiful daughter, and all those summers on our boat having fun in the sun and just enjoying life to its fullest. It amazes me how he has been such an important and integral part of my life for 18 years! I am such a lucky woman to have an amazing man by my SIDE who loves me and our daughter. I love you DJ always and forever!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Dude, you look georgous in that pic! Was that on V-day? I hope you guys had a wonderful day reminscing. That is so fun!

srosenau said...

oh my gosh, isn't it so awesome having a shared history? they know everything and everyone, so it makes the "remember whens" that much sweeter because they were there every step of the way! we are so blessed.