Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Typical Conversation

Here is an example of a typical conversation between Ashlee and I these days:

(As a loud jet flies above our house)
A: Mama, what was that?
Me: A jet!
A: What?
Me: A jet.
A: A JET?
Me: Yes, a jet.
A: That was loud!
Me: Yes it was.
A: Why?
Me: Cause jets go very fast.
A: Where?
Me: Up in the sky
A: Why?
Me: Cause they have to get places quickly.
A: Why?
Me: (Mumbling) Just cause honey.
A: What?
Me: I said your AWESOME!

We have a conversation of this sort AT LEAST 15 times a day about everything from the bug on the sidewalk to laundry to the shoes I have on. Needless to say, it leaves me totally exhausted and very frustrated. I say this with a smile of course...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

He he!! Love it. But I completely get the frustrating part of it! I love how they are learning but sometimes wish they could just get it without the explanation! Does that sound mean?